Our ESG Policy
We strive to be among Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) leaders, with sustainable business strategy adding meaningful value to all stakeholders, and empowering employees to act as a positive agent for change within their respective communities.
What Matters Most
At Strathallen, we are committed to operating and growing our business sustainably and are conscious of the impact we have on our stakeholders and on the environment. We work hard to reduce the environmental impact of our operations while simultaneously dedicating ourselves to our stakeholders.
Our Tenants and Communities
Our tenants and the communities in which we serve are the core of our business. Our company forms an essential part of the community and recognizes the importance of embracing, connecting, and supporting our neighbourhoods. We have the ability and responsibility to enable positive change and facilitate growth and connection between communities and tenants. We want our tenants and customers/visitors to feel welcome and safe while operating their businesses and frequenting our properties.
The Natural Environment
- Creating a formal ESG framework and program, embedding sustainability into our business strategy and daily decision-making. By viewing our strategy through an ESG lens, we can improve our ability to identify risks and opportunities, and in turn enable the potential for
stronger risk-adjusted returns for our investors.
- Communicating our initiatives, goals, and accomplishments to our stakeholders in a manner that provides material and actionable disclosure.
- Endeavour to become an employer of choice. We are committed to creating an environment where our employees will grow both professionally and personally. We will
strive to understand what our employees need to achieve excellence through development of employee achievement programs, through coaching and mentoring, and through matters
identified by our Diversity and Inclusion Committee. We want to enhance our work environment and ensure our employees feel welcome, respected, heard and rewarded.
- Striving to be a trusted partner and advocate for our communities, enabling them to achieve their unique goals. We aim to accomplish this by encouraging and empowering our employee community members to connect and understand what our communities need, and create strategies facilitating their desired goals and outcomes.
- Reducing our environmental footprint. We commit to understanding and implementing strategies that reduce our impact on the environment by developing insights into our usage of water, waste and energy, and by implementing value enhancing green strategies at our properties.
Strathallen is committed to exceptional corporate governance to promote the long-term success of our company. The ESG committee is comprised of passionate sustainability leaders representing various groups and departments within our organization. With the Chief Executive Officer as the program’s executive sponsor, the committee’s mandate is to oversee our ESG program and make meaningful and ambitious recommendations to our senior leadership team, aligned with our corporate strategy.